Sunday, September 16, 2007

Always in progress...

I'm working on the final ("final, last, etc") draft of the first issue of Mehdi, and I hope to have that completed shortly for editing. I have a few options at this point (or perhaps very few, depending on how you look at it). I could try self publishing it once I have an artist, or I could try webcomics. Or, I could submit it to Vertigo. Vertigo could be a hard sell, though. You definitely need some cash to try that route, and a semi-established career.

Sean is also attempting to get his company off the ground (his independent company) and I could try getting Mehdi through on his end. I'm not sure which avenue I'm going to take at this point, but I know it'll take some soul searching and Divine communication. It would be nice to get this book into wider circles, rather than a few select ones.

Sean's right; "Mehdi" is one of those books that could be a hard sell. I'm sure if the characters were of a different ethnic background it would have a much better chance in the market, but that's not my book. I think it's time to pray for a publisher. ;)

No comments: